eXL - Expanding the Gospel
Too many in our time have a small Jesus, a small gospel and a small view of history. Though there are many things that we do not need to super-size in our world, we do need an extra-large view of the good news. Moving beyond personal self-interest, we need to understand the massive move of God in redemption and its implications for our lives. The purposes of God in the gospel are eternal, have unfolded over the course of thousands of years, culminate in the person of Jesus, flow into our now and extend into eternity.
Join us this year from Advent to Easter as we expand our view of the gospel by looking at the theological themes from the books of Exodus and Leviticus.
- Introduction Paper - covering interpreting narrative, the Pentateuch and an intro to the book of Exodus.
- Reading Schedule - a schedule to read Exodus and Leviticus during the weeks from Advent to Easter
- 12/2/12 eXL – Expanding the Gospel
- 12/9/12 Bondage
- 12/16/12 Redemption
- 12/23/12 The Bloody Frogs
- 12/30/12 Thanksgiving and Provision
- 1/6/13 Covenant and Worship - Law and Tabernacle
- 1/13/13 MC Open House
- 1/20/13 Sin and Mediation
- 1/27/13 Revival and Renewal
- 2/3/13 Sojourning in Promise
- 2/10/13 Leviticus - An Introduction
- 2/17/13 Blood and Sacrifices
- 2/24/13 The Priesthood
- 3/3/13 Holiness - Living Set apart lives in the land
- 3/10/13 Day of Atonement - God providing grace
- 3/17/13 Two Lambs
- 3/24/13 Holiness - Living Missional lives in the land
- 3/31/13 Easter Sunday - The Lamb of God Raised