The Shepherd King
Back to all sermons
Date: April 22, 2012
Speaker: Reid S. Monaghan
Series: Passion - The Gospel of Mark
Scripture: Mark 6:31–6:56
Tags: shepherd, king, bread, walk of water, feeding, five thousand
Time for a little R&R? (31-34)
- The goal? Rest and Wilderness
- Actuality? Sheep without a Shepherd
Numbers 27:16–17, Ezekiel 34:23
A Shepherd King’s Provision (35-44)
The Shepherd King’s Identity (45-52)
- Water Walking Drive By: Exodus 33:19, Job 9:11
“Take heart, I AM, do not be afraid”
Faith in the Shepherd King (53-56)
Community Meditation Questions
Growing in knowledge
- Discuss the necessity of knowledge of the Old Testament in properly understanding the New.
- People are always in the “wilderness” needing to be saved by God. Some will come to God for life, others will remain, wander and die? What makes the difference?
Feeling life deeply
- How do you feel about the term Shepherd? What comes to mind when you hear this word? What about King? Which do you sense you need more often?
Living with courage
- Where do you need the Shepherds guidance?
- Where do you need the King to rule? What areas of life need to be brought under his control?