Date: May 13, 2012
Speaker: Reid S. Monaghan
Series: Passion - The Gospel of Mark
Scripture: Mark 8:27–8:38
MUST and PLAINLY
- Discuss the different ways Jesus uses questions to teach and impact people. What is the difference between his use of questions in 27-30 and 34-38? What does he DO with his questions in both cases.
- In what ways have you “rebuked God” for the circumstances of your life or his care for you? Why do you think hold so tightly our plans for life? Why did Jesus deal so strongly with Peter? I mean, was it cool to call him SATAN?
- Do you ever feel ashamed of the gospel? Do you ever feel ashamed of your lust, greed, fear and lack of trust in Jesus? Discuss how being “not ashamed” can remove our shame?
- In what ways do your plans and daily concerns reflect “the things of man” rather than “the things of God.”
- How do we put limits on what is acceptable for God to call us to in life?