Part of our mission is to live for the good of the City by extending grace and kindness to others in Jesus name.
Jacob's Well is committed to seeking justice and mercy in our community and partnering with those working to serve others towards these ends. We currently contribute, serve and seek to learn in the following ways.
- Diaconate - We allocate a portion of all the support we receive toward helping those in need in our communities, both the Jacob's Well community and the greater New Brunswick community. This includes helping with rent, bills, food, counseling and whatever is needed. This giving is overseen by a board of deacons (Diaconate) appointed by the elders. If you would like to contribute directly to the Diaconate fund, you can do that here. If you are in need of help, please complete this form so we can begin the process.
- Athletes in Action - Athletes in Action (AIA) helps athletes become better athletes and people by helping them grow in their relationship with Jesus. Through Bible studies and personal relationships in the athletic facilities, AIA is able to create a unique relationship with Rutgers athletes.
- The Gospel Underground - The Gospel Underground exists to advance the mission of God in the borderlands between church and culture. We support and strengthen churches, share good news with the coming generation, and thoughtfully engage the culture with the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Young Life - Young Life is a relational ministry where adults care deeply about the lives of kids - the challenges they're facing, the victories they're celebrating, and most of all, how they engage with God. We're happy to partner with Young Life as they invest deeply into the lives of high school and college students in the North Brunswick area.
- YoungLives - YoungLives exists to serve teen moms and extend the love of Christ to them. The YoungLives ministry in New Brunswick, NJ began in October 2020. If you'd like more information, email Amy Freyberger - firstname.lastname@example.org