During the advent season this year we will turn our eyes upwards in a five week series entitled Transformative Vision. Our hope is to see God in clarity so that we might be changed by God powerfully. We do not desire a simple lesson in theology but rather to know him in such a way that our way of living, relating and experiencing this world is transformed.
As we anticipate the celebration of Jesus’ incarnation at Christmastime our hope is that knowing God and knowing ourselves might help overcome the darkness in our lives.
• 12/01/2013 – Expectation, A Transformative Vision
• 12/08/2013 – Preparation, God is great, so we don’t have to be in control.
• 12/15/2013 – Repentance, God is gracious, so we don’t have to prove ourselves.
• 12/22/2013 – Rejoicing, God is good, so we don’t have to look elsewhere.
• 12/29/2013 – Epiphany, God is glorious, so we don’t have to fear others.