Wisdom found in Jesus Christ
Topic: Biblical Scripture: 1 Corinthians 1:18–1:25
In proverbs wisdom is personified as shouting aloud in the streets to us? Will we listen? Wisdom was made flesh, made human, in Jesus Christ and crucified by the wisdom of the world. Do we trust in him alone? Do we follow him?
- The call of wisdom is not simply: Keep Sex in the right places – though this is wise and commanded by God
- The call of wisdom is not simply: Use your words for wise, encouraging, uplifting speech – though this is wise and commanded by God
- The call of wisdom is not simply: Be wise in the use and do not abuse the good gifts of drink – though this is wise and commanded by God.
- The Call of Wisdom – IS TO FOLLOW JESUS and then form a biblical, Kingdom culture handling sexuality, language and alcohol, for the glory of God, the good of your neighbors by extending the gospel in the midst of a perverted, abusive, intoxicated world.
- Are you sensing a deep thirst to know God in Jesus Christ? Read Proverbs 2:1-6 again. Is the fear of the Lord and the knowledge of God your aim in pursuing wisdom?
- What if God gave you “the good life” or “your best life right now” A good marriage, good friends, good kids, plenty of money and happiness. Would you still need God? Why?
- What if life becomes just miserable...would you still desire to know God? Do we come to God only for what he might do for us? For practical living tips?
- How might knowledge of Christ’s work on the cross lead us to want to live wisely?
- True Wisdom leads to Worship. Discuss.