Shout out to the Young
Topic: Exposition Scripture: Ecclesiastes 11:7–12:7
NOTE: We apologize for the poor audio quality of this recorded sermon. The software with which we record our messages took the audio from the laptop mic rather than the feed from our sound board hence the distant echo of a preacher in this MP3. The diligent may be able to hear but we understand those who might find the file unusable.
The Two Poles of Ecclesiastes (11:7,8)
Sweetness and Darkness
Life is Mingled...
Rejoice and Remember
Rejoice in Your Youth (11:9,10)
Exhortation from the Old Sage (12:1-7)
The days of evil
Metaphors of aging and death
Forgetting and Remembering
Ways we Forget
- We worship career and money
- We seek and worship pleasure
- We reject wisdom from God and others
- We have no discipline
- We stay a-mused
- We live without any sense of duty
- We live as though we are invisible
Ways to Remember
- Study, Hear and Learn God’s truth
- Live God’s Mission - Go into all the world…what are you to do people as you go into the world? Make disciples, learner, followers of Jesus.
- Respect and Obey God together – John 14:18–21 (ESV)
- Tell God’s Stories - Psalm 89:1–2 (ESV)
- Speak with God Often
- Live Thankful to God
- Rejoice in God
1 Thessalonians 5:16–18 (ESV) — 16 Rejoice always, 17 pray without ceasing, 18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
The is the path to our future
As the Young Walk in the Dawn – Rejoice by Remembering God
As the Day Draws Near - In Remembering God Rejoice