Practical Incarnation - Suffering and Glory
Topic: Exposition Scripture: Philippians 2:8–2:11
RECONNECTING UNITY AND HUMILITY
The Church at Philippi
Unity - Given by Jesus, Maintained by being Humble like Jesus
SUFFERING AND GLORY
Two Threads in Life
Jesus, Suffered and Glorified
OUR LIVES FOLLOWING JESUS
1 Peter 4:12–16
THE GREAT COMFORTER
- How could avoiding all pain and difficulty keep us from loving God and loving others? How are we prone to do this?
- Read 2 Corinthians 1: 3-7 together. Discuss how the promise of God’s comfort can give courage to face suffering.
- How can the community of faith help one another in times of pain and difficulty? Discuss how we can practically engage in this sort of life together as a family, MC and at Jacob’s Well.
- In what ways might you need to step away from comfort and convenience for the sake of the mission of Jesus in your community?
- Share a recent time of joy, blessing, abundance and peace—thank God together for this. Always remember, he has not abandoned us when the life takes a painful turn.
More in Practical Incarnation
January 9, 2011Incarnation - Unity and Humility