Put it On
Topic: Exposition Scripture: Colossians 3:12–3:17
Danger: “Kill it Only” OR “Just Putting On”
Put it On—Colossians 3:12-17
New Identity, New Uniforms (v 12)
Who we are
The New Unis
We are not to be Gods in our character we are transformed to be more like God
New Team, New Community (v13)
The Binding Reality (v14)
Shall the King Rule? (v15-16)
- Peace, Unity, Gratitude?
- Discord, Factions, Ungrateful?
All of Life Repping Jesus (v17)
Community Meditation Questions
- What would be the results of a community which obsessed about sin but not about Jesus? What sort of balance does Paul give us in his exhortations to “Put off” and “Put on” in Colossians?
- Where are some areas where you have seen God’s transforming work in your life? What areas still need to see the old self die?
- To whom do you need to repent and ask their forgiveness? Who do you currently need to forgive? Are you holding a grudge or complaint against anyone currently? Someone against you?
- Read together Jesus’ teaching in Matthew 5:21-26. What is Jesus saying here? Why is reconciliation so needed yet at times prove so difficult?
- The Christian community should be a community of peace, grace and forgiveness….sometimes it is NOT. Why? Discuss.
More in Subversion - Colossians
April 10, 2011Gospel, Community, Mission
April 3, 2011Live it Together - Marriage, Family and Labor in the Gospel
March 20, 2011Kill It