Topic: Topical Scripture: Romans 3:23–3:24
Recap and Review
What’s All This Then?
Why are we Building Altars?
- Talking About “Gooder”
- Two Perfect Options
- Random and Meaningless Concept?
- True Reality?
The Perfect Pickle
- Fullness made known John 1:14-18
- For sinful people...grace Romans 3:23,24
- The perfect exchange 2 Corinthians 5:21
What do we do with the perfect man?
Growing in knowledge
- Discuss some ways you think human beings are awesome. In what ways are we also broken and far from perfect?
- Jesus taught us “No one is good except God alone.” (Luke 18:19) What do you think he meant by this?
Feeling life deeply
- When you realize your own imperfections, is your first impulse to fix it myself or despair?
Living with courage
- In what ways to you try to hide your sin and brokenness? Fake it? Front? Lie? Hide? Judge others? Read Romans 2:1-5. What should God’s kindness and patience with us lead us towards?
- How does faith, keep you out of the perfect pickle?
- God’s work in us can “bear fruit” so that our lives actually change. Read John 15:1-11 and Galatians 5:16-26. In what areas do you see your life lacking these? Discuss the relationship to “abiding/remaining” and “life change”?