Why do mean people suck?
Topic: Topical Scripture: Luke 10:25–10:37
Recap and Review
Why do Mean People Suck?
The Problem of Suckiness
- A brief apologetic for a word
- An objection to the existence of God
Existential, Deductive, Evidential, Religious
Comission and Omission James 4:17
Who Sucks? Luke 10:25-37
- They do (v30)
- We do (v31, 32)
- You do (v33-35)
- Jesus is Good (v36, 37)
Community Meditation Questions
Growing in knowledge
- Discuss the difference between sins of commission and sins of omission.
- Read the parable of the Good Samaritan in Luke 10:25-37. What jacked up stuff is done in this story? Categorize these as either commission or omission.
Feeling life deeply
- What areas of your life do you want God’s grace to transform? If you can’t think of anything, write down the words arrogance or naivety.
- Is there anything you know that God has shown you to do and you haven’t done it.? Like the Priest and Levite in Jesus’ parable?
Living with courage
- Share any area of life where you have followed Jesus in the past and how his grace changed your actions. In other words, share how you have chosen to live differently because you are a follower of Christ.