Love - O Holy Night
Topic: Topical Scripture: John 13:31–13:35
LOVE - O Holy Night
* An Unlikely Collaboration
* American Revival
* Peace in War
“He Knows Our Need”: The Love of God
* Revealed in Christ
* For Us
1 John 4:9
“His Law is Love”: A New Commandment
* Love Pursues
* Love Doesn’t Discriminate
* Love Does What’s Best for Others
* Love Brings Others to God (and God to Us)
Community Meditation Questions
Growing in Knowledge
* Read 1 John 4:9-10 and 1 Peter 1:20-21. How are these passages similar? How do they differ? What light do these passages shed on why Christ came into the world?
Feeling Life Deeply
* Discuss your own struggle with loving others as Christ has loved us. Look at the definition of love provided in the third major heading above (Love pursues, etc.). With which of these aspects of love do you struggle most? How might an understanding of God’s perfect self-giving love for you transform your ability to live out Christ’s “new commandment”?
Living With Courage
* What are some practical steps you could take during this Advent season to love others well? Be creative and support each other in this effort. Are there people in your community, MC, family, etc that have obvious needs right now? How could you practically come alongside those people in self-giving Love this week? Consider how to do this with the help of others.