Passion - Following Jesus in the Gospel of Mark
January 8, 2012 Speaker: Reid S. Monaghan Series: Passion - The Gospel of Mark
Topic: Exposition Scripture: Acts 10:34–10:43
Some Preliminary Remarks
Programs, Questions and Recommendations
The Importance of the Bible in Knowing God
Passion and Passion
The Gospel of Mark
Following JESUS in the Gospel of Mark
Following JESUS? Who is this?
- Scene Changes and Fast Pace
- Jesus Provoking Questions
Following JESUS? Where is he going?
- Acts 10:34-43
- To do what? For who? For what?
The Way Back
Community Meditation Questions
Growing in knowledge
- Mark wants us to know Jesus primarily through what he does and not as much through his teaching. Though both are important, why do you think Mark would focus so much on what Jesus did?
- Jesus calls us to “follow him” several times in Mark’s gospel? What would you think this to mean?
Feeling life deeply
- Name some people you have observed who are “passionate” about something. What do you observe about their way of life?
- List some things you are passionate about...share anything—sports, politics, work, family, etc. What fires you up about this aspect of your life?
Living with courage
- During this series I want us to commit to personal and family application of the gospel of Mark together. For those with kids, read and discuss the passages taught on Sundays with your family. Make time at the dinner table and teach your kids the Bible.
- Discuss some aspects of your life and Jesus’s mission where you think you “follow him well.” Discuss some areas that you know you do not. How can you repent and live differently?
More in Passion - The Gospel of Mark
August 26, 2012Death by Love, Resurrection by Grace, Unleashing the Kingdom
August 19, 2012Truth and Power
August 12, 2012His Last Days - Pt. II