January 22, 2012
New Team, New Kingdom
Tell and Show
Beginning: Newness & Continuity
Son of God, Messiah of Israel
“Immediately”: Where is He going?
Miracles: Foretastes of the Kingdom
The “Naturalness” of Miracles
The Authority of the King
In His Teaching
The Heart of the King
“Be Cleansed”: A Divine Exchange
Suffering: Kingdom Conquest
The Call of Jesus
Followers, not Fans
Growing in knowledge
- “If Jesus could do such great miracles, why doesn’t he or didn’t he simply wave his hand and do away with all suffering?” How would you address this statement given the themes discussed on Sunday?
- On the other hand: why do you think Jesus did any miracles at all?
Feeling life deeply
- What is your emotional reaction to Christ’s call to “take up your cross daily and follow Me”? Share how your story either encourages you to heed this call or causes hesitation in your response.
- Have you ever experienced “resurrection life” as a result of heeding Christ’s call to die to yourself?
Living with courage
- Are you more prone to exhibit the characteristics of a Christ follower or fan?
- Discuss the distinction made between demonstrating the Kingdom and how the Kingdom actually conquers. How might this inform our understanding of the relationship between “good deeds” and proclamation of the Gospel?
other sermons in this series