Storm Chasers - Who is This?
Topic: Exposition Scripture: Mark 4:35–4:41
Passion in Following
Who Then is This?
Who Does this?
Have You Still No Faith?
Jesus Sends Us into the Storm
Suffering With Jesus in the Boat
Jesus & the Perishing: The Shadow of the Cross
Growing in knowledge
- Discuss the implications of this particular miracle in the life of Jesus. Why do you think he led his disciples into this situation? What was he teaching them? What was he revealing about himself?
- Why do you think he chose to teach them these things in this manner?
- How do you think Jesus would have preferred the disciples approach him?
Feeling Life Deeply
- What is the relationship between faith and fear? In what way is it a good thing to “fear the Lord”?
- Have you ever felt the presence of God in your life? Specifically, have you ever had a sense that Jesus was with you in the midst of suffering? Share that experience with your community.
Living With Courage
- What storms in your life are currently causing you to question Jesus’ care for you personally? In what way does this story encourage you?
- Pray for each other and the storms currently swirling in each other’s lives.
More in Passion - The Gospel of Mark
August 26, 2012Death by Love, Resurrection by Grace, Unleashing the Kingdom
August 19, 2012Truth and Power
August 12, 2012His Last Days - Pt. II