Holiness, Be Different
Topic: Biblical Scripture: Leviticus 10:1–10:11
Holiness: Living Free (Leviticus 10:1-11)
This ain’t no game
Don’t Go Back
Fight Sin, Follow Jesus
Community Meditation Questions
Growing in Knowledge
- Nadab and Abihu ignored the commands of God and paid the price. Is this story shocking to you? What does this tell us about God?
- Read together Romans 12:1-2 and discuss the tension between “conformity” and “non-conformity.” As Christians are we to be conformists or non-conformists? Or both?
- Read 1 John 2:1-17. Discuss what it means to “love the world.” How does the Scripture use the term “worldly”? How would this contrast with “holiness”?
Feeling Life Deeply
- Think back to middle school, I know that is painful, and how hard people try to fit in. Why do you think “being different” is so hard for us? Are you the type of person that loves to fit in? Or stand out? Are there dangers in both? Where do you need to “stand out” more?
Living with Courage
- Our culture today talks about “the wisdom of crowds” and can look down on those who are “too different.” In light of this, how is holiness an act of freedom and courage? How is holiness a rebellion?
- Discuss this truth from the apostle Paul “By the Grace of God, I am what I am, but this grace was not without effect, no I worked harder than them all, but not I, the grace of God within me.” 1 Corinthians 15:10