The Lamb of God Risen - Easter 2013
Topic: Biblical Scripture: Leviticus 23:1–23:2
Due to a technical glitch audio for this sermon had to be extracted from a camcorder video feed. We are grateful to have it but it isn't the usual sound quality you expect. Do enjoy meditating on Jesus the great defeater of sin and death with us.
Appointed to Party
Who needs a Holy-day?
What were they to celebrate?
What are we celebrating today?
- Day of Atonement
- Good Friday
Growing in Knowledge
- What things do you, your friends and family celebrate. Why? What does Leviticus 23 teach us about God’s desire for his people?
- Think through at least five things biblically that the resurrection of Jesus teaches us about God? About ourselves? Why is this cause for serious celebration?
Feeling Life Deeply
- Describe a time where the shadow of death has been near to you or your family? Why is death so painful? What if it was not permanent?
- How are you giving your family both hope and confidence in the face of this great enemy?
Living with Courage
- Jesus once said “I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live, and everyone who lives and believes in me shall never die. Do you believe this?”
- How do you respond to his question? Do you trust him with your life?
- How would your friends respond to this question? How can you find out?