April 14, 2013
Home Team Formation - What, How and Why
WHAT is the Home Team?
HOW the Home Team forms
WHY we Root for it
Growing in Knowledge
- In what ways does being “created in the image of God” mean more than “you’re special”? Why are the creation of “male” and “female” not arbitrary and theologically significant? In what ways do men and women find one another “frustrating?” Duck!
- Why should we say more than “don’t do it, get married, do it” about human sexuality?
Feeling Life Deeply
- When you hear the word “FAMILY” what are the things that come quickly to your mind? Why do the categories of “Leave it to Beaver” and “Modern Family” fall short in shaping our view of “Family?”
- How does sex change things between people? How have you been hurt by false teaching and immoral practices surrounding this gift of God?
Living with Courage
- Our anthropology (view of humanity) is that we are both valued by God and sinful/fallen. How does this help you relate to your family?
- Where do you need to repent of sin and trust Christ for your family? Where do you need courage in facing your family? Where does your family need God’s grace? God’s truth?
other sermons in this series