Home Team Grace
Introduction and Review
‘We all need a little tenderness, how can love survive in such a graceless age?
…I think it’s about…forgiveness.’
Don Henley, from the song ‘The Heart of the Matter’
The VERTICAL must inform and empower the HORIZONTAL.
The Joy of Unity and Peace
The Sorrow and Destructiveness of Unresolved Conflict
God’s Solution in the Gospel
How We Apply the Gospel in Our Homes
We Must Have Word Saturation
We Must Pursue God’s Design
We Must Relentlessly Apply the Gospel
Repentance and Faith Applied: The Lord’s Supper
Reconciliation to God in Salvation
Reconciliation with One Another in Relationship
Growing in Knowledge
- What is the source of the conflicts you experience? Read James 4:1-3. Be honest.
- What truths about what Christ has done for you do you have trouble remembering? How would remembering them impact your relationships and your ability to resolve conflict?
Feeling Life Deeply
- Do you realize the depths to which you have been forgiven? How in need of grace you are? Why or why not?
- How is your heart towards other people when they sin against you? Is this different from God’s heart towards you? How can your heart, words, and behavior be transformed to reflect more of Jesus and the Gospel?
Living with Courage
- How would you describe your relationship with God today? Are you reconciled to Him in salvation? Drawing close to Him in relationship?
- Today, what is the greatest relational conflict you have, and what steps of repentance and faith can you take to resolve it?
- Please take a look at the exercise in your insert, and prayerfully consider what next steps God would have you take with a loved one.
other sermons in this series