Home Team Culture
Topic: Topical Scripture: 1 Corinthians 13:1–13:8
Introduction & Review
Joy and Generosity in Mission
The Culture of the Home
Joy and Laughter
Gratitude and Generosity
2 Corinthians 9:6-15
Love and Authenticity
John 13, 1 Corinthians 13, John 3:16
1 Thessalonians 5:11-21
Community Meditation Questions
Growing in Knowledge
- Review Ecclesiastes 9:7-10. What are the imperatives (commands) strung together here? Have you ever thought that having a good time was ungodly?
- Review 2 Corinthians 9:6-15. How do gratitude and generosity feed off of one another? Why do you think generosity is so hard for us?
Feeling Life Deeply
- Describe the “culture” or “flow” of your household growing up with three adjectives. If your kids were to be asked to give three adjectives to describe their home team growing up, what would you want these to be?
- Do you feel a need to “fake it” with your kids or keep up an image before them? Why is repentance a better path? Does your family think you need God’s grace and mercy? Do they think you know this or not?
Living with Courage
- What practical things are you currently sowing into your family along the following lines: 1) Laughter and Enjoyment? 2) Gratitude and Generosity? 3) Authenticity and Love?
- If more things are “caught than taught” list some specific action items in each of these three areas which could be game changers for the culture of your home.