Jesus is Messiah
Topic: Topical Scripture: Acts 2:22–2:38
Being and Doing
Kyrios and Christos (Acts 2:22-36)
The Messiah - The Anointed One of Covenant Promise
The Man Christ Jesus
The Promised Mediator
Munus Triplex Christi
Jesus' Ministry in and Through His Church
Why Behind the What
Adam? Israel? David?
What shall we do? (Acts 2:36-38)
Community Meditation Questions
Growing in Knowledge
- How does seeing Adam, Israel, etc. as son of God shape your understanding of Jesus as son of God? Read Romans 5:12-21 and Mark 1 (think of parrallels to Jesus' story with the Exodus story with wilderness, water, temptation, etc.)
- If a covenant is a promise sealed with a sign, discuss how this expands the significance of baptism and communion?
Feeling Life Deeply
- On the one hand, discuss how we model and follow Jesus’ messianic leadership. On the other hand, discuss how we further the caricatures of Jesus as Messiah by how we lead or follow. Pray, thank, forgive, and repent together about these things.
- How do you feel about coming to the communion table? Is it boring routine? Sacred ritual? Connection with God?
Living with Courage
- Prophet. Read James chapter 1. How well do you listen to the word and do what it says? Priest. Write some prayers as a family or MC to shape your coming to the Lord's table. King. How are you obeying Jesus' commands in your life?
- Christian, what does it mean to be "little Christs" who follow and represent Messiah through your MC?