October 27, 2013
Transition in our Series
- Person of Jesus
- Work of Jesus
Accepted and Okay?
Adopted into the Family (Ephesians 1:3-6)
The Heart of a Father (verse 3)
Spiritual Blessings “In Christ” (verse 3)
Predestined for Adoption (verse 4,5)
- In Love
- Predestination (Planned Parenthood)
Gratitude for Grace (verse 6)
Bringing Kids Home (Romans 8:26-30)
He also Justified
Myself my justification?
Criminals or Kids?
Community Meditation Questions
Growing in Knowledge
- In the Old Testament, what made a person part of the covenant community? Read Galatians 2:15-21. What is the difference in Jesus Christ? How are we justified? How then should we live?
- Read Colossians 2:6-15. Sing together the hymn “Jesus Paid it All”
Feeling Life Deeply
- Have you ever felt like you didn’t belong? Ever feel like you did not measure up or fell short?
- In what ways are human being consistently trying to belong and prove themselves? Have you ever seen people do silly, evil and tragic things in order to be accepted?
- How do the doctrines of adoption and justification change this? Mediate together on God as Father.
Living with Courage
- If the gospel includes adoption by God saving his kids? Don’t we want more kids to be saved? Who does God now send to the orphanage of sin, death and satanic captivity?
- Who needs to be at our Gathering next week with us?
other sermons in this series