Count it all Joy
Topic: Exposition Scripture: James 1:2–1:4
Hearing, Doing, Building
A Theology of Difficulty
Connected to worldview
Dealing with reality
Crazy Talk? (verse 2)
A command for joy
We Know (verse 3)
In Full Effect (verse 4)
- Read Psalm 66:10 and 1 Peter 1:7. Why does God use metallurgy as an example for what “testing” our faith really does?
- How do trials and testing teach “US” but not God, something about our faith? Discuss this in light of the wilderness testing of God’s people in the OT (see summary in Deuteronomy 8)
- Share with one another a time (maybe even now) when you felt like some trial or difficulty tested your faith?
- What do people need to remain steadfast under trials? What do they need to know? What do they need to feel? What do they need from the gospel community?
- Think about the trials in your life now, ask God how you can consider/count these things “all joy”