Topic: Exposition Scripture: James 5:19–5:20
The Big James Review
Wisdom, Suffering, Prayer
Inversion of the Kingdom
Speaking and the Heart
- Requires Commitment
- Requires Time
- Requires Steadfastness and Perserverance
Build Faithfully (Verses 19, 20)
Wandering from the Truth
Saving Souls from Death
Covers a Multitude of Sins
Psalm 32:1,2; Psalm 85:2
Baptism, Membership, Community
Who is family?
Where do I find my sense of belonging?
Who’s coming for me?
- Read Genesis 17:1-8; Romans 9:1-8. Discuss God’s promises made to his covenant people and God’s faithfulness to each of these promises.
- Jesus taught us beautifully that “He who is forgiven much loves much.” See Luke 7:36-50. Do you ever consider where you would be now and for eternity without God's grace towards you?
- How does God's faithfulness to us, move our hearts towards faithfulness to him?
- Are you flaky in any area of your life? Or trustworthy and reliable to come through? At work? In ministry? And your relationships? In your marriage?
- How does selfishness get in the way of faithfulness? Lead to sins of omission?