Playlist - Introducing the Psalms
Topic: Biblical Scripture: Psalm 1:1–2:12
Introduction to the Psalms
The Playlist of God
The Playlist of His People
Wisdom and Kingship
Walking and Paths (Psalm 1)
The Righteous—Walking with God
Walk, Stand, Sit
The Wicked—Perish in their Way
The Importance of Posture
Matthew 5:43, 45; Philippians 2:3;
James 5:19, 20
Who Shall Rule? (Psalm 2)
The Kings of Earth
The Lord and His Anointed
- In the last passage in the book of James we saw the phrase “wanders from the truth”. Discuss how this connects to “the way” of the righteous and the wicked in Psalm1.
- What kind of King is on display in Psalm 2? Read Isaiah 42:1-17 out loud. List together ways the “Servant” described?
- How comfortable are you with God being a warrior? What is encouraging about this? Unsettling?
- Does God’s righteous judgment cause you to pray for others? For them to come to the Son of God for grace and forgiveness?
- Pray Psalm 139:23, 24 together.
- Are there specific circumstances where you need to know the way to walk? Where are you walking, standing and sitting? Are you currently walking in the counsel of the wicked in some way?