The Faithful God - Psalm 90
Topic: Biblical Scripture: Psalm 90
The songs of a people describe and define that people
Our God has been and will be faithful
Home is where God is
Our God is forever and we are fleeting
Our lives are relatively short
Our lives can still be significant
Our God is holy and our sin is serious
God’s anger toward sin is Holy
Our God is Faithful to fulfill his promises
The requests of Moses
Short, sin-filled, significant
- What kind of people are described in Psalm 90: 3-11? How do they differ from us? How are they the same?
- What does it mean to number our days?
- Read Psalm 90:12-17. List the things that Moses asks God for and discuss how they relate to your requests of God.
- How does the shortness of our lives make you feel? Does it makes you feel despairing and insignificant or does it make you long for significance? Something else?
- Does the faithfulness of God in past generations provide comfort for your future? How?
- Pray Psalm 90 together.
- In what specific circumstances are you praying that God would establish the works of your hands?