All Praise be to God
Topic: Exposition Scripture: Psalm 150:1–150:6
The Perplexing Nature of Praise
Love and Selfishness
PSALM 150 - ALL PRAISE BE TO GOD
The Where of Praise (Psalm 150:1)
It’s not about me...
The Why of Praise (Psalm 150:2)
Mighty Deeds and Excellent Greatness
Gloria in Excelsis Deo
The How of Praise (Psalm 150:3-5)
PREFERENCE can defeat PRAISE
The Who of Praise (Psalm 150:6)
Lost and found
- Why is saying “Praise the Lord” not actually praising God. How do we move beyond simply repeating religious slogans to actually praising God?
- Hebrews 13:15, 16. Does God “need” us to praise him? Does he need our “sacrifices”? If yes, how so? If no, how then does it “please” him?
- Are you a feeler in praise/worship or a thinker? How can both types learn and grow in community with one another?
- How do you feel about gathering with other Christians for worship? Have you ever treated it like a religious concert? Something there for you to consume rather than a time for your to offer praise to God?
- How might you increase in your knowledge of God’s works and his attributes? Take the list from our gospel class and read the scriptures that tell us about our God.
- Read some old school prayers and allow it to lead you to praise. Use the Old Testament Prayers posted online here.