Wickedness and our Walk
Topic: Topical Scripture: Proverbs 12:1–12:3
From Worship to Walking
WISDOM in our WALKING is WORSHIP with the INSTRUMENT of our lives
THE WILD WORLD OF WICKEDNESS
1 Samuel 24:13
Wickedness, a definition:
LIFE FOUNDATIONS (PROVERBS 12:1-3)
Loving knowledge, being stupid
The Non-Establishment Path
WORTHLESS PATHS (PROVERBS 6:12-19)
A Worthless Person?
Seven Things God Hates
THE PRACTICAL PERSONAL AND CULTURAL WICKEDNESS
Wickedness in our time
Grace for the wicked
Romans 6:10-14; Romans 4:3-8
- Read Proverbs 6:12-19. How seriously should we take these words? What is the hope for the wicked? For ourselves? Why should we not tolerate even small degrees and seeds of this sort of life to lodge in our souls?
- Read Proverbs 17:15 and then Romans 3—why should this cause us to marvel at God’s work of justifying sinners? Read together this short essay by Dr. John Piper http://www.desiringgod.org/articles/why-god-is-not-an-abomination-to-himself
- If God has justified the wicked in Christ, what feelings are appropriate in response to this truth?
- How should we feel towards those who are outside of Christ?
- Let God’s justification of the wicked in Christ (ie you and me) enflame your worship and obedience to him.
- We ought not look at our neighbor with apathy or disdain but with love, compassion and empathy. In this light, what sort of strategy and focus are you working as a family, an MC, as individuals to unleash gospel and kingdom in our time?