Topic: Exposition Scripture: Matthew 5:31–5:32
The Kings Speech so far
7 SCENES AND MARRIAGE
Making and formation of children
Genesis 1, Malachi 2
Sanctification and glorification
Ephesians 5:22-31, Song of Songs
MARRIAGE MATTERS—MATTHEW 5:31, 32
The Law in the Old testament
Deuteronomy 24:1, Exodus 21:10,11
DRIVING Trucks and loopholes
But I say
Exception clause in Matthew
1 Corinthians 7:10-16
A Summary on Divorce
TODAY’S LESSON FROM JESUS’ SCHOOL
- The Christian faith has historically valued both marriage and chastity. Why has this emphasis been lost in our day? Why do we view “having someone” simply in terms of romantic involvement? How do we always have someone in the biblical sense? We need to repent of valuing romance over family and life in biblical community.
- What “rooms” and expectations did you have for marriage? Do you have for future relationships/marriage? How do these line up with the biblical purposes for the marriage covenant?
- How should we counsel those considering divorce? Are there situations where it might it be wise?
- What can you do when your marriage just seems unfulfilling, even miserable?
- In what ways can we choose short term selfishness over patience, endurance and faithfulness? List some specifics.
- What causes you to lose hope for your marriage? How can we become consumed with our spouses’ faults and have amnesia about God’s purposes and promises?
- What keeps you from repentance and actively choosing to love in your relationships?