A Most Radical Love
Topic: Exposition Scripture: Matthew 5:43–5:48
The Kings Speech so far
Divine and human love
SUPERNATURAL LOVE AS KINGDOM WAY (VERSE 43-45)
Love Neighbor, Hate enemies
Leviticus 19:18, Luke 10:25-37
Love enemies, Pray for the persecutor
NOT NORMAL (VERSE 46-47)
Love in action
PERFECTABLE PEOPLE (VERSE 48)
That Kind of “People”
- Does God love his enemies? Yes? No? Both?
- How does God's potential salvation or judgment of a human being help us to love our enemies and pray for those who persecute us?
- Read the parable of the Good Samaritan in Luke chapter 10. How does Jesus teaching here even extend beyond saying everyone is our neighbor that we should love?
- How is this passage easy to say, "love your enemies" but so much harder to live?
- Many times we won't even admit we are wrong to another, let alone love those who oppose? What internal sins in our hearts keep us from following Jesus in this?
- Do you have any actual enemies? At work? And your family? In your story from you past?
- Who are the people or groups of people that you hate? Don't like? Despise? Think are idiots? Etc. What specific steps or opportunities can you take to love them?