A Most Radical Love
December 21, 2014 Speaker: Reid S. Monaghan Series: The King's Speech
Topic: Exposition Scripture: Matthew 5:43–5:48
The Kings Speech so far
Divine and human love
SUPERNATURAL LOVE AS KINGDOM WAY (VERSE 43-45)
Love Neighbor, Hate enemies
Leviticus 19:18, Luke 10:25-37
Love enemies, Pray for the persecutor
NOT NORMAL (VERSE 46-47)
Love in action
PERFECTABLE PEOPLE (VERSE 48)
That Kind of “People”
- Does God love his enemies? Yes? No? Both?
- How does God's potential salvation or judgment of a human being help us to love our enemies and pray for those who persecute us?
- Read the parable of the Good Samaritan in Luke chapter 10. How does Jesus teaching here even extend beyond saying everyone is our neighbor that we should love?
- How is this passage easy to say, "love your enemies" but so much harder to live?
- Many times we won't even admit we are wrong to another, let alone love those who oppose? What internal sins in our hearts keep us from following Jesus in this?
- Do you have any actual enemies? At work? And your family? In your story from you past?
- Who are the people or groups of people that you hate? Don't like? Despise? Think are idiots? Etc. What specific steps or opportunities can you take to love them?
More in The King's Speech
April 5, 2015The Authority of the King
March 29, 2015Foundation for the Good Fight
March 22, 2015House Builders