Ask. Seek. Knock.
Topic: Exposition Scripture: Matthew 7:7–7:11
WHAT A DISCIPLE LOOKS LIKE
REVIEW OF THE TEACHINGS OF JESUS
PERSERVERANCE: AN INVITATION TO PRAY
IT'S HOW WE LIVE AS DISCIPLES
IT'S OUR RESPONSIBILITY
PROMISE: AN ENCOURAGEMENT TO PRAY
DOES GOD GIVE US EVERYTHING WE ASK FOR?
GOD GIVES US GOOD THINGS
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
PRACTICE: A LIFE OF PRAYER
SET ASIDE TIME TO PRAY
PRAY WITH SCRIPTURE
FIND A PLACE TO PRAY
- What images do the words ask, seek and knock bring to you mind and how does that change the way you think about prayer?
- Compare the evil, earthly father and the perfect, heavenly father in the illustration. How are they the same? How are they different?
- How does the Sermon on the Mount make you feel? Do you feel excited to go out and do it? Dejected that you'll never be able to do it? Apathetic toward it? Something else?
- When you read that all who ask receive, that all who seek will find and to those who knock it will be opened, does that encourage you to pray? How?
- What things can you do to help become more regular in prayer?
- How does the promise of Jesus to give all good things to those who ask effect the way you pray for an with others?