Warning: When Seeing is Believing
Topic: Exposition Scripture: Matthew 7:15–7:20
INTRODUCTION AND REVIEW
The King and His Kingdom
For now, the Kingdom is not physical place, but it is in the hearts of His people.
The Path of Life
Jesus is our Great Shepherd who leads us on this Kingdom path.
PLEASANT DANGER (V.15)
False Prophets – Who Are They?
False teachers are a past, present, and future reality.
A false prophet can say and do many good things.
We must be sure that those we are following are following Jesus and not Satan !
ROOT TO FRUIT (V. 16-19)
A Closer Look
We are looking for signs of spiritual life.
A half truth presented as a whole truth is an untruth.
The Destiny (V.19)
Nothing less than your eternal destiny is at stake.
SEEING CLEARLY (v.20)
What We Didn’t See
What We Now See
Who we are determines who we follow and where we are going.
Community Meditation Questions
- Do you consider yourself discerning? Why is it so hard for us to believe that bad things can come in good packages?
- Who are false prophets most like? Read 2 Corinthians 11:12-15
- Who are good teachers most like? Read 1 Corinthians 11:1, Hebrews 13:7
- Reflect on John 10. What is Jesus like, and why is He worth following?
- Reflect on John 15. Why is abiding in Christ so necessary for life?
- Why is it so important to be discerning? What are the consequences of being gullible?
- Reflect on Matthew 7:13-23. Why is it important to recognize that the way of life is narrow and hard, while the way of death is wide and easy? What are the implications for how you live your daily life?
- Reflect on Proverbs 1:32-33. What is at stake?