Topic: Exposition Scripture: Matthew 7:21–7:23
REVIEW AND INTRODUCTION
The golden rule and the path of Jesus
1 Timothy 4:6-10
KNOWING JESUS (MATTHEW 7:21-23)
Not everyone who says (Verse 21)
Lots of talk
The value of the doing
Bottom Line #1: ______________________________________
Many will say (verse 22)
Lord, Lord, Prophesy, Cast out Demons, Mighty Works!!! Oh My.
Bottom Line #2: ______________________________________
I will Declare (Verse 23)
Depart from me
I never knew you
THE CENTRALITY OF KNOWING JESUS
- Discuss the way the Bible uses the term to “know” someone? Did the people referenced in Matthew 7:21-23 know nothing about Jesus? What was missing? How can we not find ourselves in the same place?
- Jesus uses the phrase “that day” in his warning? What does this refer to? What will that day be like according to Old and New Testament teaching? Read & discuss this article: bible.org/article/basic-introduction-day-lord-old-testament-writing-prophets
- What sort of emotions does the judgment of God in the final day evoke in you?
- How are you receiving the warnings about false prophets in Matt 7? What feelings are provoked when you read his warning?
- Pray and ask God “where can I be doing your will Father?” In this Lenten season and leading up to Easter Sunday?
- What people can you encourage to follow Jesus and his path?
- Why is knowing Jesus superior to merely doing religious acts? Are there any dangers associated with an obsession with mighty works and miracles ?