June 14, 2015
Integration - Faithfulness in the Home
The Focus of our Mission: The Great Commandments and the Great Commission
The Locus of our Mission: Home, Church, and City
Integration in the Home
A Picture of Faithfulness and Fruitfulness: Psalm 127-128
Avoiding the Extremes of Perfectionism and Passivity
More difficult and more fulfilling
God is the designer and sustainer of the family; He gets the glory.
God provides the ultimate home; He IS the ultimate home.
We must come to grips with the awesome generosity of God.
Even as parents, we are children in need of a perfect parent.
The character of God leads us to the commands of God.
Rhythms of reality
The training manual is not a myth!
We do well to keep the picture and promises of family prosperity before us, and to pursue them faithfully.
- Take a closer look at Matthew 7:7-11, Luke 11:13. Have you come to grips with the generosity of God? What impact will this have on how you relate to Him and to others in your home?
- For believers, God has invited us to dwell with Him (John 15:5), He has promised to dwell within us (John 14:23), and He has promised to prepare a perfect home for us (John 14:2-3). How do these realities impact your present behavior in a fallen world and with broken families?
- Read Ephesians 5:21-6:9, and reflect on God’s perfect design for human relationships. What attributes of God are reflected in this design? Do you recognize that a ‘redesign’ that is different than this is a rejection of the very character of God?
- Read through Psalm 127-128 as well as Psalm 112. What emotions do these evoke in your heart? How can you pursue the reality of these promises?
- Read Psalm 78:1-7. Do you see your family as a part of a larger story with eternal significance?
- Take a closer look at Deuteronomy 6:4-9. How real is your heart love for God? Do your daily conversations and rhythms reflect the character and commands of God?
- Is your Facebook page an honest reflection of you and your family?
- How can you show love and honor to your earthly parents?
- What can you seek and learn from the examples of the families you know? How can your family be a gracious blessing to others?