Integration - Faithfulness in the Church
Topic: Topical Scripture: Deuteronomy 6:4–6:9
Focus of our Mission
Locus of our Mission
Compartmentalization vs. Integration
WHAT IS THE CHURCH?
Universal, Global, Local
Pictures tell a 1000 words
A cultural mosaic (Rev 7:9-12)
PROCESS OF SPIRITUAL GROWTH (1 Cor 3:1-9)
HOW CAN GOD USE ME? (Eph 4:11-16)
Time, Treasure, Talents
MAKING IT REAL
A word for the fathers ... one generation to another
- Review 1 Corinthians 3. Identify in your own life or others where you’ve seen the process of spiritual growth (cultivation, planting, watering, harvesting). What are some of your observations?
- What are some things that can block spiritual growth?
- Read again Revelation 7 :9-12. What do you feel as you read this?
- Take some time to research what God is doing in other parts of the world in and through the Church. Does what you find encourage or discourage you?
- Pray for believers in another country this week.
- Review the passages on Spiritual Gifts (Eph 4:11, Rom 12:6-8, 1 Cor 12:8-10, 28-30)
- How are you utlizing your natural abilities and spirtual gifts for God’s Kingdom?
- If you’re part of an MC here at Jacob’s Well, how can you use God’s gifts in your life more actively?
- As part of the local church here at Jacob’s Well, we always highlight that we are volunteer-driven in that we ask everyone to share their gifts and talents to serve others each and every week. Are there areas that you could/should serve in that you aren’t currently? What’s stopping you from serving in this capacity?