Disciple: Maturing in Faith with Timothy
Topic: Exposition Scripture: 1 Timothy 1:1–1:2
Disciples and Mentors
The Letters to Timothy and Titus
DISCIPLE - MATURING IN FAITH WITH TIMOTHY
Paul's Calling (verse 1)
Acts 9:1-9, 15
Timothy, True Child in the Faith (verse 2a)
Timothy the Man
2 Timothy 1:3-7
2 Timothy 1:7,8, 1 Timothy 5:23
Grace, Mercy, Peace... and Hope (verse 2b)
MESSIAH JESUS, OUR LORD
Disciples of Jesus
Disciples who Discipline
- How does Paul see his own identity and calling in the greeting? What is said about God? Jesus?
- How can we view the word disciple as a noun and a verb?
- Discuss each one of these words: hope, grace, mercy, peace. How would you define them? What emotions do they provoke in you?
- Have you ever felt like you need mentors? Someone to check in with you and help you forward in an area of life?
- How are growth and maturity both and indivitual and communal responsibility?
- What steps can you take this year to invest in maturuing in your faith and obeying Jesus?
- What steps hav eyou taken if you sense you need mentors? Who have you asked? Who are you helping?