Disciple: From Doctrine With Love
Topic: Exposition Scripture: 1 Timothy 1:3–1:7
Mission and Motive
WITH DOCTRINE FROM LOVE
Mission Timothy—Protect the Teaching (verses 3, 4)
The Aim is Love (verse 5)
Issues forth from...
Observe the Swerve (verses 6, 7)
MISSION, MATURITY AND MOTIVE
Colossians 1:28, 29
- Why was Timothy’s mission a difficult task? Discuss the importance of the Bible in our pursuit of sound doctrine and living.
- Read 2 Timothy 3:16 and discuss the meaning of each of the four terms in: teaching, reproof, correction and training in righteousness.
- What difference does the motive make in our correction of false teaching? Why is “love” so essential to have as our goal for ourselves and others?
- How do you feel about offering correction or being corrected by others in terms of biblical teaching?
- What can cloud our vision from calling out something that is clearly wrong? What keep us from receiving correction?
- How are you endeavoring to know God through his teaching to us in Bible? In community? Personally?