Disciple: Charged and Entrusted
Topic: Exposition Scripture: 1 Timothy 1:18–1:20
CHARGED AND ENTRUSTED
Entrusted Mission (vs. 18, 19a)
This Charge, Entrusted
1 Corinthians 15:1-4, 2 Timothy 1:8-14, 2 Timothy 2:1-2
The Shipwrecked Path (vs. 19b, 20)
2 Timothy 2:23-26
- How does receiving a trust imply the necessity of maturity? Discuss the relationship between maturity, responsibility and faithfulness over time.
- What would hapen if Timothy had not engaged with the false teachers in Ephesus?
- How do you feel about Paul "naming names" in this passage? Not cool? Why is this necessary?
- Do you find it easy to fight and argue with people about theology or doctrine without care or concern about them or the health of God's people? Read 2 Timothy 2:23-26. Discuss the posture of God's servants in these matters.
- We are here to serve God's purposes in our generation. In what ways can the desires and idols of our culture side track us from living for God's purposes?
- Think about God's work in your life. How can God's faithfulness to you encourage you to fight the good fight today?