Disciple: The Beautiful Bride
Topic: Exposition Scripture: 1 Timothy 2:8–2:10
The Beautiful Bride—Men and Women
MEN, HANDS UP (VERSE 8)
Men Should Pray
Lifting Holy Hands
1 Timothy 3:2-3; 2 Timothy 2:14, 15
Prayer and Anger
Exegeting our Anger
LADIES, DRESS UP! (VERSES 9, 10)
1 Peter 3:1-4 NIV
What makes you beautiful?
Modesty and Self-Control
- How are the struggles and temptations of being a man or a woman both cultural and transcultural? Are there any things that could be universally “men’s” or “women’s” issues? What may be local and circumstantial?
- What clue in verse 8 seems to indicate that this passage is referring to issues for a gathering (large or small) of the church?
- Do you feel like its stereotypical to address issues that seem to be problems that specifically challenge men or women?
- On average, surveys record that women pray more than men? Why do you think this is the case?
- Do you struggle with anger and quarreling? At home? At work? With family? How can James 4 help you exegete your particular struggle with anger/quarreling?
- Ladies, what cultural pressure do you feel related to how you look, how you dress, what you choose to wear?