Disciple: Context, Creation, Salvation in Christ
Topic: Exposition Scripture: 1 Timothy 2:11–2:15
Culture and Context
"We are deeply committed to the fundamental spiritual and moral equality of male and female and to men as responsible servant-leaders in the home and church.” - Acts 29 Network
Plea for your Ear
THE BEAUTIFUL BRIDE - CONTEXT, CREATION AND SALVATION IN CHRIST
The Context (Verse 11, 12)
The Literary Context of THIS Letter
Creation Order (Verses 13, 14)
Order in Creation
Salvation in Christ (Verse 15)
Galatians 4:4-7, Romans 3:21-24; Galatians 3:25-29
- List some of the ways in which Jesus elevated and unleashed women in the worship of God and in gospel ministry.
- Why did Paul find it necessary to address the situation with women/authority in Ephesus?
- Discuss the relationship between marriage, household flow and the church? How has God designed men and women to be joint heirs in the gospel and complementary in their roles in the family?
- Do you feel uneasy with what the Bible says about men/women, male/female? Why or Why not?
- What evidence do you see in our world that our culture is not the pinnacle of success in honoring women?
- Voices in our society seem to reject singleness/chastity AND motherhood for women? How does the Gospel encourage us in singleness? How does the Gospel affirm and honor motherhood?
- Men, how have you unjustly dismissed the gifts and ministry of women? How can you be a servant that empowers and encourages the women in your life?