Disciple: Godliness and the Household
Topic: Exposition Scripture: 1 Timothy 3:14–3:16
WHO ARE WE? (3:14-16)
Identity precedes Function
The Significance of the Church
The Supremacy of Christ
WE ARE THE CHURCH….SO WHAT NOW?
- How does the church function as the “pillar and foundation of the truth”? Does this mean the church is unfailing? If so, how? If not, why? Explain.
- Why would a person visiting our church be convinced that God dwells among us?
- In what way did the resurrection of Jesus verify or vindicate the supremacy of Jesus Christ?
- When do you most need the power of Christ in your life? What situations cause you to sense your need the most? Be specific.
- In what ways do you most feel God’s power/presence in your life the most? (Praying, Studying the Bible, Fellowshipping with other believers, sharing the gospel etc.)
- During this Christmas season, how is God challenging you to model/represent Him and His glory (even more so than you are doing right now)?
- What is the link between how we live, collectively within community, and how we relate to one another, individually, within the body of Christ?
- There are two awe-inspiring realities for the believer: “God dwells among us!” & “Christ lives within you!” As a Christian, how is God calling you to reconcile these two realities within your life…within your Missional Community (MC)….within our Church?