Disciple: Keeping Watch
Topic: Exposition Scripture: 1 Timothy 4:16
REVIEW & INTRODUCTION
On Keeping Watch
WATCH TWO THINGS
1 Peter 5:6-11
Temptations and the Flesh
1 Corinthians 10:12-13
Who is gets to teach you and why?
The Sure Word of Prophecy
PERSIST IN THIS
Save You, Save Hearers
Our Need for the Great Watchman
Psalm 127:1, John 10:27-29, 10:11
- Read John 10 together. Look at the “I am” statements in this chapter. What does the chapter say about who Jesus is and what he does for his people?
- In what ways does the voice of God in Scripture provide a sure word of prophecy? How should this relate to other prophecies spoken to you or about you? Read also 1 Thessalonians 5: 12-22 for guidance. Should you believe and act upon every “word” a person gives you?
- Is being consistently watchful a wearisome thing? How can we make it less of a burden?
- In what areas of your life do you find yourself being tempted, straying from God, or letting your watchfulness wane? Who can you confess this to? How can you become accountable to God and others in these areas?
- Are you tempted to disbelieve the teaching of Jesus, the apostles, and prophets? Where may you be exchanging truth for a lie?