Disciple: The Honor of Pastors
Topic: Exposition Scripture: 1 Timothy 5:17–5:25
REVIEW & INTRODUCTION
What is Honoring?
THE HONOR OF PASTORS
Honor them Well
Treat them Impartially
Charges are Cheap
But Take them Seriously
Seriousness of Sin
Appoint them Slowly
Pressure to be Hasty
Taking part in the sins of others
The Truth Arrives in Time
PASTORS AND THE FUTURE OF JACOB’S WELL
- What two mistakes can we make in relationship to church leaders?
- Why is it important that serious charges about a church leader be confirmed by proper evidence and witnesses?
- What sort of fear is mentioned in verse 20? Why is this actually good for people?
- Why do people feel they can trust certain local church leaders? Why might there be mistrust?
- Think about ways you might be able to honor and encourage our pastors in the next year? What could your MC do together to bless our elders and their families?