Disciple: False Teachers and Their Fruits
Topic: Exposition Scripture: 1 Timothy 6:3–6:5
REVIEW & INTRODUCTION
The Honor Party
The Gospel Births the Family
1 Timothy 1:12-17; 1 Timothy 2:5-7
FALSE TEACHERS AND THEIR FRUITS
False Teachers (verse 3)
Sound Words of Jesus
2 Peter 1:16-21
Teaching that Lines Up
Their Fruits (Verses 4, 5)
- If it’s the gospel that makes the family and shapes the honor party, what happens when what is taught is not the gospel?
- Followers of Jesus are deeply focused on passing down and passing on sacred truths from inspired Scripture. What happens when the church looses focus on the “sound words of Jesus?”
- What do people trust their lives to other that Jesus, his teaching and biblical doctrine?
- Imagine how a life lined up with the gospel would shape your friendships, family and your own experience?
- Have you experienced any of the fruits mentioned in verses 4, 5? How did this effect you?