Disciple: The Love of Money
Topic: Exposition Scripture: 1 Timothy 6:6–6:10
REVIEW & INTRODUCTION
Money, Money, Money
THE LOVE OF MONEY
Contrast (verse 6)
Godliness + Contentment
Truth (verse 7)
Job 1:20, 21
Contentment (verse 8)
1. __________________ 2. __________________
Hebrews 12:5, 6; 2 Corinthians 6:8-11; Philippians 4:11-13
Warning (verse 9)
Piercings (verse 10)
Kings Speech, Rich Young Ruler
- Reflecting on verse 10, what is the relationship between heart/root sins and other kinds of evil?
- It might be said that contentment is a settled joy that is not based on present circumstances. When you sense you lack contentment, have you ever asked why?
- Contentment doesn’t mean you go flat line in your heart and simply do not care any more about life? How are our desires actually important to contentment
- Treasure on earth shared is treasure in heaven prepared. How are your investing what you have in an eternal way? Do you enjoy generosity? Or do so begrudgingly?
- Is God enough for our heart’s to be content? Don’t say YES too quickly. What holds us back from this sort of freedom?