Father's Day 2016
Topic: Topical Scripture: Ephesians 1:3–1:6
The Fatherhood of God
Creation and Children
Lost, Orphaned, Loved?
The Fatherhood of God, Extending into the World of Men
PROCESS - His choice, his gift, his grace…
His Choice (Ephesians 1)
His Gift, His Grace (Ephesians 2:8-10)
PATH - His Path with Us
Responses to Dad?
In God, we have a good Dad
Ephesians 3:14-20, Romans 8:12-17
A Final Word for Dads
A Final Word for Jacobs Well
3 John 1:2-4
Final prayer and blessing
- When you think of your earthly father, what feelings, thoughts come right away? How might you be tempted to map these things, whether good or bad, upon God?
- Jesus revealed to us that our Creator is not merely a force or a far away cosmic ruler. He is Father. How does knowing God as Father shape our understanding of the divine?
- Why do we need to fill the concept of “Father” with God’s attributes as revealed in Scripture and in Jesus Christ?
- In what ways can you bless your Dad today? In what way do you need to forgive your Dad? Ladies, how can your encourage the men in your life today?
- If you are a Dad, evaluate who and what you are trusting in order to fulfill your role as a father. Are you trying to father without a relationship with God? Without the wisdom of his Word? Without brothers in the church? Without faith/trust in God?
- Think about some failures and how you can repent, apologize and grow in your Fathering. Think about your “wins” as a Father and thank God for these!