Fear and Faith
Topic: Topical Scripture: Psalm 27:1–27:14
The Life of David
Proclaiming God’s Attributes (vv. 1-6)
I seek His glory, experience His favor, live in His presence, and follow His righteous path.
Praying God’s Attributes (vv. 7-12)
Promoting God’s Attributes (vv. 13-14)
When we are in awe of Him, we will be in dread of nothing.
One Thing: What Do You Want?
We seek not simply temporary relief, but total rescue.
- What does it mean that God is light, salvation, and strength?
- How does the power and presence of God compare with earthly powers? What examples of this do you see in Scripture? In your own life? See also Psalm 2, Isaiah 2:22, 40:17-18.
- What are your primary fears? Read Proverbs 28:1 and ask yourself what fears may be the result of unresolved sin in your life.
- How does living in the fear, i.e. awe, of God speak to those fears? See also Romans 8:24-39
- What is the one dominant desire that impacts everything you do? Read Proverbs 29:25 and honestly discuss the dangers of the ‘fear of man’.
- God says to us here (Psalm 27:4) and in Luke 10:38-42 that only one thing is truly necessary. What distracts you from this one thing, and how can you regain this focus
- What do you need to sacrifice to make this one thing your dominant focus?
- What do you expect God to do in, through, and around you as a result?