The Glorious Restraint of Jesus
Topic: Exposition Scripture: Mark 11:1–11:11
THE GLORIOUS RESTRAINT OF JESUS: MARK 11:1-11
A Strange Arrival
A Misguided Response
DISCIPLESHIP GROUP QUESTIONS
- Read aloud the text from Sunday (Mark 11:1-11). What do you remember most from the teaching on Sunday? Discuss what stood out as you read through the passage this time.
- As we prepare for Good Friday and Easter Sunday, discuss your past experience of “Holy Week.” Is there anything about this time that you find especially significant (for example, Good Friday service, something about Easter Sunday, a specific family tradition, etc.)? Why?
- Have you ever seen God withhold a perceived need in the short run in order to eventually give, do or produce in you something “better”? To use the language from Sunday, has Jesus ever led you to and beyond the cross? Explain.
- What do you find most compelling about the leadership of Jesus? How would you personally describe why Jesus is a “better King”?
- Consider ways in which you’ve been given responsibility, privilege or power in your own life. How might you more fully exercise Christlike restraint in these areas? Help each other in answering this question and then pray into these areas of growth.
More in Easter 2017
April 16, 2017EASTER 2017: The Darkest Night/The Brightest Morning
April 14, 2017The Darkest Night: Good Friday 2017