Redemption and Your Work
Topic: Topical Scripture: Matthew 5:13–5:16, John 17:16–17:19
REDEMPTION AND YOUR WORK
“For the World …”
“… by being In the World …”
“ … but Not Of the World.”
DISCIPLESHIP GROUP QUESTIONS
- Read aloud the texts from Sunday (Matthew 5:13-16, John 17:6-19). What do you remember most from the teaching on Sunday? Discuss what stood out to you as you read through the passages this time.
- Did any of the practical examples of salt and light used on Sunday resonate with you? Can you think of your own examples of when you’ve seen someone act as salt and/or light in the workplace?
- In what way is Jesus salt and light to us?
- What does it look like to be “connected to Jesus” in your own life? What practices/rhythms are most helpful in keeping you rooted to your identity in Christ?
- Is there any decision you’ve made or need to make about which you’ve avoided getting input from your community? If so, why do you think that’s the case?
- Is there anything related to your work about which you could use the counsel of those in your Discipleship Group right now?
- Before you pray, share at least one way you’d like to engage your calling to be salt and light in your everyday work this week. Be specific and then lift these things before God in prayer together.