May 21, 2017
The Renewal of All Things and Your Work
The renewal of all things AND YOUR WORK
Heaven Comes to Earth
Work is Remembered …
Jesus at the Center
... and Work Continues
Discipleship group questions
- Read aloud the texts from Sunday (Revelation 21:1-6, 22-27). What do you remember most from the teaching? Discuss what stood out to you as you read through the passages this time.
- Has work (of any kind) ever felt, even for a moment, “heavenly” to you (ie—unhindered by the frustrations of sin, have you ever felt “in the zone” or pure joy at work)? What elements were present in that experience and how might that help you imagine work in the age to come?
- What “redemptive scars” can you imagine following you into the new heavens and new earth? In other words, what personal sacrifices that you’ve made (for the good of others and the purposes of God) can you envision being “remembered” in the age to come?
- What would it look like for you to approach your work from an eternal perspective? What practical changes might you make in your attitude and actions at work if you took the vision of Revelation 21 more seriously?
- Is there anything related to your work about which you could use the counsel of those in your Discipleship Group right now?
- Before you pray, share one thing you’d like to take away from this series and apply to your everyday work consistently moving forward. Be specific and then lift these things before God in prayer together.
other sermons in this series